Violet Source Healing Blog
The Third Eye Book Club had a great meeting last week! The book for the February meeting is the Bringers of the Dawn by Barbara Marciniak. We hope to see you at the next meeting which is on February 19th at 7 p.m. at the Seal Beach Center for Spiritual Living.
The next meeting will be on the third Thursday in January 2015 and we will be discussing Co-creating at It's Best, A Conversation Between Master Teachers.
We had a wonderful first meeting of the Third Eye Book Club! Please join us in September on the third Thursday of the month (the 18th) at 7 p.m at Bogart's coffee house in Old Town Seal Beach. We will be discussing The Five Levels of Attachment by don Luis Miguel Jr. Let the reading begin!
I have some exciting news! The first meeting of the Third Eye Book Club will be on Thursday, August 21st at 7pm, facilitated by me, Leanne Crawford! Come explore spiritual/mind bending ideas in a fun and loving environment! Our first book is the Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz. Please complete reading it prior to our first meeting. We will be meeting at Bogart’s every 3rd Thursday of the month at 7pm. The next book will be announced at the first meeting. All are welcome! Bogart’s address is: 905 Ocean Ave. Seal Beach, CA 90740, next to the Seal Beach pier and Main St. Hope to see you there!!
“Hypnosis: It’s Not Hooey!” is the title of an article published in the May 2014 issue of Bottom Line Personal publications. I know there are plenty of skeptics out there that don’t believe hypnotherapy actually works, that it seems just “too easy.” Naysayers BEWARE, we have proof!!! The article discusses 6 medical problems that are proven to be improved by hypnosis:
IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME
BETTER CANCER CARE
LESS SURGICAL PAIN
If you don’t want to take my word for it, go ahead and read the article yourself by clicking on the link here.
If you are still not convinced, come in and try a session with me. I’ll make you a believer! J
Love, Light and good health to you all!!
Next Divorce/Break-Up Support Meeting is Wednesday, October 30th at 7 p.m. Don't worry if you didn't make it to the first meeting, this is on a drop-in OR ongoing basis. Hope to see you there!
A divorce or breakup can be one of the most painful experiences you'll ever go through.It's often a very confusing time and you may not be sure where to turn.You may feel isolated and like your life has been turned upside down.Violet Source Healing is here to help.We are providing a safe, confidential and professional space to process and work through the feelings and distress associated with divorce or the end of a romantic relationship.Our goal is to offer a positive atmosphere where you are free to share your experiences and perspective with others who can relate to what you are experiencing and help each other through this difficult time.The camaraderie and acceptance you'll find in the group environment is also very healing.
Please join us Wednesday, October 16th at 7pm at the Namaste Center for Spiritual Living (click on Contact info on this website for the address and map OR go to the Home page and scroll down to view the flyer with all the details) Participation in this group is on a Love Offering basis, however, no one will be turned away for the inability to donate. We look forward to assisting you in your journey of healing.
Do you feel overwhelmed? Are the pressures of life causing you too much stress? Here are 10 tips to help relieve some of life’s everyday pressures.
1. STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING AND TAKE 5 DEEP BREATHS. While under stress your breathing becomes shallow, depriving you of oxygen. Taking a few deep breaths will help calm you down.
2. ASK FOR HELP. You are not superman or superwoman, as much as you would like to think you are. Ask your family, friends or co-workers to help you in areas where you are feeling overwhelmed.
3. SCHEDULE TIME FOR YOURSELF. Make an appointment on your calendar for “Me time.” Use that time to exercise, take a hot bath, read a book or get a massage. Do whatever relaxes you. It is vital that you take care of you!
4. LEARN HOW TO SAY NO. Don’t be afraid to say no when you already have too much on your plate.
5. GET ENOUGH SLEEP. A good night’s rest will help you to better handle the pressures of the day.
6. LISTEN TO RELAXING MUSIC. Music is soothing to the soul. This is a good one to combine with deep breathing.
7. FOCUS ON ONE TASK AT A TIME. Write a list of everything you need to do, then start with one, finish it and cross it off your list.
8. THINK POSITIVELY. Focus on what you have accomplished, not what you haven’t.
9. LEARN TIME MANAGEMENT. Schedule only what you know you can handle in a day. Allowing enough time for all of your tasks will help you from feeling too rushed.
10. PRIORITIZE. Do the most important tasks first. Then, if you have time left over, you can do the tasks that aren’t crucial.